Reward Advisor (Fixed Term Contract/Internal Opportunity Until 31st March 2023)
A Reward Advisor is required for a fixed term contract/internal opportunity until 31st March 2023 paying £37,269.91 per annum with the British Transport Police (BTP) based in Baskerville House, Birmingham. A blended approach of home and office working is available for this role.
BTP is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Reward Advisor with BTP, you will support the Head Of People Policy, ER and Reward to deliver an on-going programme of work aimed at improving and maintaining BTP's reward offering including pay, benefits and recognition in order to maximise employer ROI and which values our employees. The successful candidate will undertake activities to support the effective implementation of reward policy and offer expert advice to colleagues to achieve this.
As a Reward Advisor, duties will include:
- Analyse data/research in order to make recommendations on employee remuneration packages, policy updates and insights.
- Implement and manage the employee benefits portfolio on a day to day basis whilst having input into the overall benefits strategy.
- Facilitate job evaluation panels and prepare the context and initial evaluations to report into the panel for discussion.
- Complete audit compliance activity as determined by the Head Of People Policy, ER and Reward.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful candidate will be required to evidence the following:
- CIPD qualified and working towards MCIPD status or equivalent qualification in Reward and Recognition or equivalent experience.
- Hays Job Evaluation trained.
- A successful track record in supporting the development of reward and recognition within a matrix organisation.
- Professional, persuasive and influential.
- Significant reward knowledge including up to date knowledge of best practice/latest trends and UK employment legislation.
If you are interested in applying to this Reward Advisor role, then please submit a copy of your cover letter and CV in one PDF document using the "Apply" button below. Please note that interviews will be held in January 2023.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- £37,269.91 per annum
- Allowance to support blended and home working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Flexible agile working approach
- Family friendly policies
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Cards
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Pension scheme
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035.
At BTP we are proud guardians of the railway and it is crucial that we represent the diverse communities we serve and protect. As ‘One BTP’ across the UK, we know that diversity, inclusion and belonging help us improve our decision making, foster creativity and drive innovation so all our people can thrive.
Our vacancies are open to everyone and all appointments are made based on merit. So that we can become more diverse we encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds, women, people who have a disability, those who are neurodiverse and persons who identify as LGBTQI+. If you have the skills, experience and values that here in BTP we pride ourselves on then we would welcome you to apply.
In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is April 2023. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team – firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum indicator of 3 / developing' or' 'Indicator 5 / no rating must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.