Station Support Officer - Cambridge
A Station Support Officer is required for a PERMANENT role paying £24,391.58 per annum (Pro rata salary £15,821.57), with the British Transport Police (BTP) based in Cambridge.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Station Support Officer with BTP you will provide professional, efficient, proactive and comprehensive administrative support and works in conjunction with the Officer In Charge (OIC) undertaking a range of duties required to support station and organisational needs.
As Station Support Officer you will be required to:
- Provide support to OIC to complete the governance return in line with Corporate Assurance guidance. Acts as Point of Contact (POC) for Corporate Assurance Team (A Div), assisting with station engagement and collating information when required
- Provide support to the OIC and other managers to ensure that information is stored, accessed and shared in line with Information Management policy
- Monitor Station supplies, placing orders and monitor progress of orders and purchases
- Carry out monthly vehicle mileage and log book checks. Arrange vehicle repairs and maintenance
- Carry out regular building checks and report to the facilities management provider, escalating when necessary.
- Carry out Health and Safety checks in line with guidance
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Station Support Officer will be required to evidence the following:
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Excellent standard of planning and organisational ability
- Ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure, dealing with members of the public or to demanding deadlines, whilst maintaining a flexible approach
- Previous administrative experience with demonstrable organisational ability and attention to detail
If you are interested in applying to this Station Support Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- £24,391.58 per annum (Pro rata salary £15,821.57per annum – Shifts could be 3x8 hour shifts or 4x6 hour shifts TBC)
- Yearly base salary increments
- 28 days (pro-rata) annual leave plus bank holidays
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- Working from home allowance available to purchase suitable equipment for blended & home working
- Flexible agile working approach
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Pension scheme
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035.
At BTP we are proud guardians of the railway and it is crucial that we represent the diverse communities we serve and protect. As ‘One BTP’ across the UK, we know that diversity, inclusion and belonging help us improve our decision making, foster creativity and drive innovation so all our people can thrive.
Our vacancies are open to everyone and all appointments are made based on merit. So that we can become more diverse we encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds, women, people who have a disability, those who are neurodiverse and persons who identify as LGBTQI+. If you have the skills, experience and values that here in BTP we pride ourselves on then we would welcome you to apply.
In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 YEARS. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is April 2023. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team – firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum indicator of 3 / developing' or' 'Indicator 5 / no rating must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.