Force Events Lead
A Force Events Lead is required for a permanent role paying up to £47,359.00 per annum, plus £2,835.11 London Allowance per annum with the British Transport Police (BTP) based in Central London. The successful candidate will benefit from a blended working approach with a mixture of home and office working.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Force Events Lead with BTP, you will be responsible for managing our Event Planning and Strategic Oversight Unit (EPSOU), leading on operational event planning and public order safety for large events and football. You will ensure appropriate and timely decision making for resource intensive days and be central point of contact for intelligence, briefings, governance and quality assurance.
As Force Events Lead you will be required to:
- Oversee the planning, quality assurance and governance across operational event planning
- Oversee the Force Events Calendar ensuring accurate reporting and real time information is provided to relevant parties
- Communicate best practice and lessons learned among the unit and lead on long term development
- Review and maintain relevant policies
- Empower and support the team in identifying new events, risk and resource intensive days
- Identify risk factors and look for ways to mitigate risk
- Represent the unit at national meetings and debriefs
- Assess the continued professional development of Gold, Silver and Bronze Commanders
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Force Events Lead will be required to evidence the following:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and/or extensive experience in programme or project management, operational or event planning or business management within a complex organisation
- Application of project management principles with proven extensive delivery across event planning
- Proven experience of implementing and assuring projects/processes lead to organisational effectiveness and contribute toward the achievement of strategic objectives
- Proven experience of managing key processes and delivering cultural change
- Ability to confidently communicate with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels of seniority
- Experience of motivating and encouraging staff
- Highly motivated with a flexible and proactive approach toward problem solving
How to apply?
Please click on the 'Apply' button below where you will be invited to complete the application form. On submission please also email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Up to £47,359.00 per annum plus £2835.11 London Allowance
- Yearly base salary increments
- Working from home allowance available to purchase suitable equipment for blended & home working
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible agile working approach
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Pension scheme
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 5 YEARS. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum indicator of 3 / developing' or' 'Indicator 5 / no rating must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is February 2023. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team – email@example.com
This opportunity is closed to applications.