Intelligence Analyst - Op Defiant
The County Lines Team at British Transport Police (BTP) are looking to recruit an Intelligence Analyst for a 12 month FTC, paying up to £27,824.32 per annum, plus £2700 London Allowance per annum, based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As an Intelligence Analyst you will conduct high quality analytical work and deliver a timely analytical service in support of BTP's objectives and priorities. You will provide intelligence and analytical support whilst representing the Force at a national level tackling County Lines activity.
As an Intelligence Analyst you will be required to:
- Conduct analysis at a strategic, tactical and operational level, identifying and using appropriate analytical tools and techniques to interpret gaps, patterns and trends, assess threat, risk and harm and make recommendations in support of decision making, prioritisation and resource allocation.
- Establish and interpret requirements to ensure the needs of key stakeholders are met.
- Collect and evaluate data and information to support the creation of a collection plan and the delivery of analytical products.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Intelligence Analyst will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Previous experience in an operational/intelligence development environment and to hold a nationally recognised accreditation in analysis such as NIAT.
- Research, analyse and assimilate large volumes of complex data obtained from a variety of sources including call data, ANPR, phone downloads and crime data.
- Briefed and/or presented analysis of complex data sets to investigation teams, officers of varying rank or senior management.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of a variety of systems/software including i2 Analyst Notebook and Microsoft Office.
- Experience of conducting and presenting intelligence research including the use of open source techniques.
- Liaising with external agencies and stakeholders to develop an exchange of information.
- Experience of working in a team to support fast paced live investigations as well as managing tight deadlines and prioritising workloads.
- Good working knowledge of the National Intelligence Model (NIM) and relevant legislation (for example Investigatory Powers Act, Data Protection Act, Management of Police Information).
If you are interested in applying to this Intelligence Analyst role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £27,824.32 per annum, plus £2700 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme (currently under consultation)
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 5 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.