A Financial Accountant is required for a 6 - month Fixed Term Contract role paying up to £49,498.74 (inclusive of allowances) with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, Central London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Financial Accountant with BTP you will be responsible for managing the preparation of the financial statement, quarterly accounts and ad hoc reporting including leading on the annual review of accounting policies.
As Financial Accountant you will be required to:
- Maintain sound systems of internal control
- Liaise with internal and external audit, provide support to Audit and Risk Committee and implement audit recommendations
As Financial Accountant you will be required to have:
- 2+ years post qualification experience
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Financial Accountant will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Fully-qualified member of one of the five Consultative Committees of Accounting Bodies (CCAB), i.e. ACCA, CIPFA, ICAEW, ICAI or ICAS or a European/International equivalent
- Significant experience of financial reporting to UK GAAP standards
- Track record of building strong relationships with a broad range of internal and external organisations, partners and stakeholders
If you are interested in applying to this Financial Accountant role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £41,928.74 & £2,570 London Allowance & £5,000 Market Supplement
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.