An Infrastructure Manager is required for a 12 month fixed term contract role paying up to £63,203 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Infrastructure Manager with BTP you will lead a multi-disciplined technical team of 20 staff supporting servers, networks, core-infrastructure and messaging.
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintaining a safe, secure IT infrastructure.
• Offer strategic direction for network, server, core-Infrastructure and messaging capabilities.
• Offer strategic direction for Cloud solutions implementations.
• Offer strategic directions for a modern Datacentre
• Lead and manage an Infrastructure team through the implementation of the Digital Strategy.
Key requirements include:
• Experience of leading infrastructure teams
• Strong managerial and people skills.
• Experience working within lean and modern Infrastructure teams.
• Experience of delivering technical projects.
• A wide understanding of infrastructure technologies, new and old.
• Experience implementing Cloud solutions, Datacentre relocations.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary up to £63,203.86 (£47,233.86 base + 10% on call allowance + £2,520 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £8,689)
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension scheme
• Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.