Head of Internal Communications
A Head of Internal Communications is required for a permanent role paying up to £62,820.79 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
Our Head of Internal Communications will be responsible for leading and implementing an internal communications strategy that promotes collaboration and improves employee engagement across the force. You will play an important role in transforming the way BTP communicates and engages with our dispersed workforce. Within the role you will be involved in multiple projects, partnering with and coaching our internal stakeholders to improve and enhance internal communications and engagement.
As Head of Internal Communications, you will be required to:
- Deliver a strategic transformation of internal communications in BTP across several workstreams
- Managing a portfolio of internal communications plans and overseeing an editorial calendar of activities, helping to ensure effective deployment of campaigns and regular flow of effective news content through a variety of communication channels.
- Advise, influence (and challenge) senior leaders on internal communications initiatives and how they can engage and build dialogue with their employees.
- Lead on the evaluation of all corporate internal communications and employee engagement activity to demonstrate impact and audience engagement using a range of techniques.
- Nurture a team of internal communicators, providing them with development opportunities and access to suitable training and external events
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Head of Internal Communications will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Extensive experience in dedicated internal communications role(s) at a senior level within an organisation which is UK-wide, unionised or otherwise complex.
- Demonstrable experience leading the planning, development, delivery and measurement of internal communications that support cultural change
- Successful delivery of new technology as part of an internal communications transformation; in particular the delivery of a new intranet solution and a two-way tool such as Yammer
- Proven experience in constructively advising, influencing and challenging senior leaders about internal communications matters including in response to crisis scenarios
If you are interested in applying to this Head of Internal Communications role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. Please submit a copy of your CV and Cover Letter in the 'CV Upload' section. This advert will close on Tuesday 27th October at 4pm. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £62,820,79 (£60,120.69 basic salary plus £2,700.10 London Weighting)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 5 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.