Data Science Delivery Manager
A Data Science Delivery Manager is required for a Permanent Contract role paying up to £52,535.11 (Dependent upon Experience) plus £6,000 Market Supplement and £2,634 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. A Data Science Delivery Manager with BTP you will lead a team of Data Scientists and analysts to drive data science and analytics in the BTP. You will work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to integrate big data and various sources of data in order to gain enhanced data insight within the organisation.
To ensure the BTP have access to information to direct whether we are efficient and effective in the way in which we manage our resources and set a data strategy in order to manage information effectively.
As Data Science Delivery Manager you will be required to:
- To lead and manage a dynamic team of Data Scientists as well as Insight analysts working on resource modelling
- Lead on the development and integration of disparate data sources within BTP in order to gain enhanced data insight within the organisation. To ensure the BTP have access to information to direct whether we are efficient and effective in the way in which we manage our resources and implement the data strategy (set by the Head of Analytics and Director of Strategy and Change) in order to manage information effectively.
- To provide accurate strategic recommendations to the Head of Data Analytics and Director of Strategy and Performance utilizing advanced technological capabilities such as data analytics, advanced predictive modelling and integration of GIS across all BTP data.
- Lead and project manage force level projects related to data innovations and predictive data modelling and analysis including workforce planning, resource capability and internal demand.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Data Science Delivery Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Degree educated or equivalent in Data Science, statistical modelling, Computer Science or similar
- Significant experience of working in a complex organisation managing data science (collection, integration, algorithmic solutions) leading to better insights and analysis against operational and strategic objectives
- Understanding of the varying roles within Data Science such as Developer, Engineer, Architect and how to use these tools to solve complex problems
If you are interested in applying to this Data Science Delivery Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £52,535.11 (Dependent upon Experience) plus £6,000 Market Supplement and £2,634 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discount
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.