Finance Business Partner
A Finance Business Partner is required on a permanent contract paying £56,101.70 plus £2,520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Finance Business Partner with BTP you will report to the Deputy Director Finance - Decision Support will provide a proactive financial management service to support their allocated Chief Operating Group Lead/s and associated budget holders.
Post holders will be assigned responsibilities aligned with the force and chief operating group structure.
As a Finance Business Partner you will be required to:
- Accountable for ensuring fit for purpose financial governance and control frameworks are in place over income and expenditure (BAU and projects – revenue and capital)
- Accountable for the production and contribution to periodic reporting and monitoring for Financial Reporting of results, Governance Boards, SIB, FEB, BTPA Finance Committee and BTPA
- Leading monthly and quarterly reviews, challenging budget holders and Chief Officers and Directors on workforce data, variances and forecasts, ensuring significant variances are reported with recommended action
- Accountable for the completeness of periodic management accounts
- Responsible for ensuring business cases are robust and fit for purpose, linked to business objectives, sound financial basis, and covering the whole life of the project
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Finance Business Partner will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have advanced skills in effectively producing reports to a varied audience and be effective in giving presentations using different methods.
- Proven problem solving and creative thinking skills. The applicant must be able to evidence the ability to think outside the box and come up with new and innovative solutions to problems.
- Prioritisation skills to manage time and workload of themselves and the team. The post holder must be able to evidence managing an exceptionally demanding and heavy workload.
- Line managing direct reports, including performance management and personal development in accordance with BTP policies and procedures
- Be an ambassador for the Department, representing the Deputy Director Finance, Decision Support and Finance Director as required
If you are interested in applying to this Finance Business Partner role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £56,101.70 plus £2,520 London Allowance if applicable
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.