Police Driving Instructor (x2)
Two Police Driving Instructors are required for permanent roles paying from £33,142.82 to £34,139.86 plus £2,835.11 London Allowance per annum with the British Transport Police (BTP) based in Spring House, London.
BTP is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Police Driving Instructor with BTP, you will plan, design, and deliver a range of driving courses to National Standards for Police Driving, Specialist Driver Training Courses and Instructors, ensuring compliance with legislation, current College of Policing Authorised Professional Practice and NPCC guidelines and BTP Policy.
As Police Driving Instructor, you will be required to:
- Plan, design and deliver driver training to operational police officers and police staff within the Force to comply with National Police Driving Standards in compliance with College of Policing APP, NPCC guidance and legislation.
- Conduct risk assessments and training plans to ensure the safety of all instructors, course participants, the public and the safety of vehicles during instruction and delivery of all training courses.
- Conduct DriverMetrics Assessments with drivers prior to any initial training, refresher training or post collision assessment to identify personal risk factors and areas for development, to improve safety.
- Maintain all driver training vehicles ensuring that they are kept in excellent condition, setting an example to students as to how they are expected to maintain vehicles in their care.
- Provide refresher driver training, focusing on safe driving and Continued Professional Development.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Police Driving Instructor will be required to evidence the following:
- A recognised College of Policing Driving Instructors Qualification at Standard and Advanced levels.
- Authorised Driving Instructor.
- Relevant training/teaching experience and have achieved a Level 4 or 5 training qualification.
- Currently holds or is willing to obtain assessor and verifier qualifications.
- Ability to adopt a range of leadership styles.
- Commitment to Continued Professional Development.
If you are interested in applying to this Police Driving Instructor role, then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- £33,142.82 to £34,139.86 plus £2,835.11 London Allowance per annum
- Yearly base salary increments
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Pension scheme
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035. We are ambitious in achieving Net Zero and to do this we will be the first police force in the country to electrify our car and van fleet by April 2025, two years ahead of the Government Green Fleet Commitment target.
As an equal opportunities employer, British Transport Police is committed to the inclusive treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and strongly encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. In order for us to achieve this we ask that you complete the relevant diversity monitoring form. Any information relating to the diversity monitoring form are used only with the intent to improve our services and people practices. Please be assured that all applications will be judged on their individual merit and no other factors.
In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is February 2023. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team – firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum indicator of 3 / developing' or' 'Indicator 5 / no rating must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.