CCTV Technical Manager
A CCTV Technical Manager is required on a 24-months fixed term contract paying £33,142.82 plus £2,835.11 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Ebury Bridge, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As a CCTV Technical Manager with BTP you will report to the CCTV Service Delivery Manager as part of the “A Force on the Move” programme which began in April 2022.
As a CCTV Technical Manager you will be required to deliver and maintain 17025 accreditation across the Post Production team and other frontline forensic imaging hubs in line with local, regional and national legislation and policies including:
- Establish, review, maintain and develop existing and new analytical procedures and methods for digital forensics and communicate any changes to staff.
- Develop and maintain validation and verification processes to ensure that all hardware, software and methods used within CCTV and the frontline hubs are fit for purpose.
- Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with Quality Management System (QMS) including adherence to Quality Procedures (QP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs).
- Deliver continuous improvement of the CCTV department and frontline digital forensic performance including the completion and corrective action from internal and external audits and feedback, problem solving, investigation of anomalies including root cause analysis for findings and trend analysis.
The Successful CCTV Technical Manager will be required to evidence the following:
- Educated to degree level within Forensic Science/Media/Video Production/or relevant experience in a relevant field.
- Experience of working within an ISO accredited environment or one that is working towards accreditation.
- Extensive experience and proficiency in the use of forensic video and video editing software.
- LEVA Level 1/2
- Adobe Premiere (Adobe Certified Professional)
- Experience of forensic video software
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
If you are interested in applying to this CCTV Technical Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £33,142.82 plus £2,835.11 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Yearly base salary increments
- Working from home allowance available to purchase suitable equipment for blended & home working
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated Wellbeing hub
- Pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts, including access to Blue Light Card.
Please note we are currently adopting a Blended (Hybrid) Working approach which includes home working, so are also open to discussion regarding a flexible and agile approach to duties.
This is an exciting time to BTP as we embark on our Force on the Move change programme, which is focussed on transforming and modernising our wide-ranging services to become a world class police force. You will have the opportunity to join a national organisation, engaging with many areas of the business to take forward new and exciting ways of working.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 5 YEARS. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application, and you must answer honestly.
How to apply?
Please submit a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role and what attracted you to this role.
Your CV and cover letter will need to be submitted in one document under CV upload.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is February 2022. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team - email@example.com.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘developing’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.