Investigation Support Officer CCTV
British Transport Police (BTP) are looking to recruit three Investigation Support Officers on a Permanent Contract paying up to £27,174.00 plus up to 20% Shift Allowance. The role is based in London you will receive a London Weighting allowance of £2835.11 per annum. The role is based at our Ebury Bridge Site.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As an Investigation Support Officer you will be responsible for proactively gathering, collating and disseminating real time CCTV footage. To Identify forensic opportunities that will aid investigations and consult with investigating officers and Scenes of Crime Officers. Produce evidential downloads of CCTV and still images to the highest evidential standards.
As Investigation Support Officer you will be required to:
- Proactively monitor and react to live time incidents, reviewing cameras and pushing feeds to control rooms as required
- Respond to taskings and support live Police operations and events taking place at railway locations
- Identify suitable opportunities to provide fast-time evidential CCTV downloads in line with force and departmental priorities
- Identify crime patterns and proactively monitor identified stations raising logs with the control rooms as appropriate
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful candidate will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Educated to A level
- Trained to or capable of achieving SIA/BTEC Level 2 CCTV Control Room Operator within probationary period
- Experience of working in a CCTV or video related environment (or relevant training)
- Demonstrable experience in the use of CCTV systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Please note this role has a 24/7 working pattern which attracts a 20% Shift Allowance.
If you are interested in applying then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £24,490.39 plus 20% Shift Allowance plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum
- Yearly base salary increments
- Working from home allowance available to purchase suitable equipment for blended & home working
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible agile working approach.
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Competitive Pension scheme
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035.
As an equal opportunities employer, British Transport Police is committed to the inclusive treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and strongly encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. In order for us to achieve this we ask that you complete the relevant diversity monitoring form. Any information relating to the diversity monitoring form are used only with the intent to improve our services and people practices. Please be assured that all applications will be judged on their individual merit and no other factors.
In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 YEARS. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is November 2022. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team – firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum indicator of 3 / developing' or' 'Indicator 5 / no rating must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.