Project Manager - Digital Policing
A Project Manager is required for a Permanent role paying £43,052.57 plus £2,835.11 London Allowance per annum with the British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Project Manager with BTP you will support the Senior Project Manager in delivering a digital change for the Force, which will develop the capabilities of BTP’s core operational systems and deliver a wide range of benefits to the force and its stakeholders.
You will be responsible for successfully project managing the implementation digital change, delivering successful project outcomes using project management practices throughout the project lifecycle.
Additionally, you will provide 'hands-on' project management support to the Operational Systems Team and System Development Team as required and provide project assurance at Project Boards and to senior stakeholders, including the Senior Responsible Owner, Corporate PMO and Technology PMO.
As Project Manager you will be required to:
- Develop a detailed project plan and manage the project, ensuring it remains on track and to budget.
- Acts as the principal conduit for project management issues and queries between the business units, organisational stakeholders and project team.
- Ensures the project follows the BTP project management methodology, provides assurance to project stakeholders including producing regular project highlight reports.
- Produces relevant project management documentation as needed to support project delivery, including project plans, risk logs, dependency maps and change impact and readiness assessments as appropriate.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Project Manager will be required to evidence the following:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Project management qualification such as Prince 2 or MSP
- Proven experience of leading and implementing projects and/or programmes and developing organisational structures and systems that lead to increased organisational effectiveness
- Experience of working on all stages of the project development lifecycle, with the ability to facilitate, create and oversee large complex plans, including the delivery of complex projects
- Experience of producing and updating project documentation and reports, both alone and as part of a wider team
If you are interested in applying to this Project Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £43,052.57 plus £2,835.11 London Allowance per annum
- Yearly base salary increments
- Working from home allowance available to purchase suitable equipment for blended & home working
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Pension scheme
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035.
At BTP we are proud guardians of the railway and it is crucial that we represent the diverse communities we serve and protect. As ‘One BTP’ across the UK, we know that diversity, inclusion and belonging help us improve our decision making, foster creativity and drive innovation so all our people can thrive.
Our vacancies are open to everyone and all appointments are made based on merit. So that we can become more diverse we encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds, women, people who have a disability, those who are neurodiverse and persons who identify as LGBTQI+. If you have the skills, experience and values that here in BTP we pride ourselves on then we would welcome you to apply.
In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 YEARS / 5 YEARS (dependant on the level of vetting required of the role). You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is April 2023. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team – email@example.com
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum indicator of 3 / developing' or' 'Indicator 5 / no rating must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.