Technical Photographic Officer
A Technical Photographic Officer is required for a PERMANENT role paying £34,139.86 per annum, plus £2,835.11 London Allowance per annum with the British Transport Police (BTP) based in Baches Street, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Technical Photographic Officer with BTP you will provide photographic services to the Scientific Support Unit (SSU) and other BTP departments. The role combines conventional photography, 360 capture and touring, Laser scan capture and processing, as well as the management of platform-based applications (Fotoweb, Socrates).
As Technical Photographic Officer you will be required to:
- Assist and advise Scenes of Crime Officers and other police officers, on photographic matters
- Provide photographic and video services to Marketing and Media – PR events, internal publications and Force promotional material
- Process, edit and print digital images produced by SOCO’s and other officers
- Undertake technical photography of exhibits, lifts and injury in the photographic studio at SSU, and at scenes of crime upon request
- Undertake specialist photography techniques and video capture at crime scenes or other locations as directed by Scientific Support Management.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Technical Photographic Officer will be required to evidence the following:
- BTECH National Degree in Photography or relevant experience as a Photographer within a forensic environment
- Full, Clean Driving License
- Excellent knowledge of Photographic Techniques and how to apply them
- Have excellent admin, organisational, communication & interpersonal skills
- Competent in the use of IT systems including MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions
- Ability to plan and manage time and effectively prioritise workloads
If you are interested in applying to this Technical Photographic Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- £34,139.86 per annum plus, £2,835.11 London Allowance per annum
- Yearly base salary increments
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Pension scheme
How to APPLY:
Please submit CV and Cover Letter outlining the following points:
In your cover letter, please expand on your technical photographic knowledge and experience; particularly in relation to macro photography, 360 photography, UV and IR. Also, describe your level of expertise in the use of photographic software like Photoshop, Lightroom or similar, DAMS and 360 software
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035.
At BTP we are proud guardians of the railway and it is crucial that we represent the diverse communities we serve and protect. As ‘One BTP’ across the UK, we know that diversity, inclusion and belonging help us improve our decision making, foster creativity and drive innovation so all our people can thrive.
Our vacancies are open to everyone and all appointments are made based on merit. So that we can become more diverse we encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds, women, people who have a disability, those who are neurodiverse and persons who identify as LGBTQI+. If you have the skills, experience and values that here in BTP we pride ourselves on then we would welcome you to apply.
In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 YEARS. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is April 2023. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team – firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum indicator of 3 / developing' or' 'Indicator 5 / no rating must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.