Programme Manager (23-month FTC)
British Transport Police (BTP) are recruiting for a Programme Manager for a 23-month fixed term contract to lead our critical Optimised Policing Model Programme. The role is paying £56,195.95 plus £3033.56 London Allowance per annum and will be based at our Force Headquarters, London. This role offers a blended approach of office and home working and will require some visits to locations across our national footprint to meet key stakeholders.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As a Programme Manager, you will be required to:
- Lead a programme of inter-related projects, including planning and design, mobilisation, co-ordination of projects and their dependencies, proactive monitoring and reporting of progress, mitigating risks, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Lead, manage and provide coaching and development to a range of project teams to ensure that they are all working effectively and aligned to the delivery of the programme objectives.
- Manage the programme delivery and budget, ensuring that expenditure and costs are monitored and are within the overall programme budget.
- Lead the benefits management of the programme, ensuring that all benefits are fully defined, quantified and captured.
- Oversee the production of business cases and decision papers from the programme, ensuring that the proposals being made support achievement of the programme objectives.
- Lead and manage communication and engagement with programme stakeholders, developing and maintaining strategic relationships and working in partnership to resolve problems in a way that benefits operational policing and BTP.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description and further contextualised in the enclosed candidate pack.
The successful Programme Manager will be required to evidence the following:
- Programme management qualification such as MSP, PRINCE2 or agile program methodology or relevant PPM management experience
- Significant experience of successfully leading, managing and delivering long-lasting transformation programmes
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to successfully manage the work of project teams and influence the work of people outside of the programme team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Resilient and able to present solutions and take decisive actions to problems quickly and effectively
- Confidence to manage upwards; providing constructive challenge to Senior Leaders
- Good knowledge of organisational design and development theories and practices and the ability to apply these to the design phases of programmes and projects
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the role, then please click the "Apply" button below and upload a copy of your cover letter and CV in one PDF document. Please ensure that both your cover letter and CV are uploaded as one document as there is no option to upload them separately. Applications containing only a CV will not be considered, therefore, please ensure that you include a cover letter.
The deadline for applications is: Tuesday 13th February 2024 at 12pm.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- £56,195.95 plus £3033.56 London Allowance per annum
- Yearly base salary increments (subject to satisfactory performance in previous PDR year)
- Working from home allowance available to purchase suitable equipment for blended & home working
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Excellent Pension scheme
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035.
At BTP we are proud guardians of the railway and it is crucial that we represent the diverse communities we serve and protect. As ‘One BTP’ across the UK, we know that diversity, inclusion and belonging help us improve our decision making, foster creativity and drive innovation so all our people can thrive.
Our vacancies are open to everyone and all appointments are made based on merit. So that we can become more diverse we encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds, women, people who have a disability, those who are neurodiverse and persons who identify as LGBTQI+. We use positive action to encourage potential candidates from underrepresented groups through targeted workshops or advice sessions. If you have the skills, experience and values that here in BTP we pride ourselves on then we would welcome you to apply.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email our friendly and helpful team where we will be happy to help you: RecruitmentTeam@btp.police.uk. If your question related to equality or diversity then you can also contact our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion team directly at: PART-Recruitment@btp.police.uk To reassure you, anything you ask us will be in the strictest confidence and will not form part of your application.
In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
BTP GPP Police Staff Pension Scheme is administered by Royal London and this is a group personal pension plan which is available to all police staff. It’s a defined contribution scheme, offering employees the flexibility to vary their pension contributions from 4.4% to 12% of their salary. For more information, visit the Royal London dedicated pension page or email us at Pension-Queries@btp.police.uk .Please note if you are an existing member of Police Staff in the RPS your pension will not be affected.
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum rating of 3 (performing) or a rating of U (no rating) must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.