Audit and Compliance Manager
British Transport Police (BTP) are looking for our next Audit & Compliance Manager to join us on a full-time, permanent basis. This role is paying up to £37,596.49 per annum depending on experience. London-based candidates will also receive £3033.56 London Allowance per annum. The successful candidate can be based at any one of our main BTP Hubs: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds or Cardiff. This role offers a blended approach of home and office working.
British Transport Police is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast paced, operationally and commercially which is demanding and constantly changing.
Our Audit and Assurance Team are responsible for protecting the integrity of BTP by monitoring compliance and assessing the effectiveness of internal and external controls as well as identifying areas of risk.
If you’re looking for a role that brings together your expertise and your sense of business acumen, then this is it. You will conduct health checks and assurance reviews to identify risks and best practice. Delivering the Audit & Inspection Plan, you will have excellent attention to detail. You will manage the Annual Management Assurance Return process to provide assurance to senior stakeholders. In addition, this role will manage the day to day running of the Audit, Risk, Inspection & Compliance Board.
As an Audit and Compliance Manager, you will be required to:
- Lead audits and/or assurance reviews, defining scope, internal controls’ testing tools and approach, documenting the work performed and issuing the report.
- Identify areas of concern and make recommendations for change, whilst delivering assurance activity.
- Monitor the implementation of Remedial Action Plans.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of risk management, corporate governance, and internal controls.
- Draft clear and concise reports.
- Lead on briefing for those at senior management levels.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Audit and Compliance Manager will be required to evidence the following:
- Excellent research and analytical skills to identify and assess areas of risk and best practice.
- Professional integrity with the ability to carry out complex and highly confidential investigations with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
If you are interested in applying to the role, then please click the "Apply" button below and submit a cover letter and CV in one PDF document. Please note that there is no option to upload these documents separately, therefore, both your cover letter and CV must be submitted as one document. Please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Up to £37,596.49 per annum depending on experience
- £3,033.56 London Allowance for London-based candidates
- Yearly base salary increments (subject to satisfactory performance in previous PDR year)
- Working from home allowance available to purchase suitable equipment for blended & home working
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave.
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships.
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Excellent pension scheme
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035.
At BTP we are proud guardians of the railway and it is crucial that we represent the diverse communities we serve and protect. As ‘One BTP’ across the UK, we know that diversity, inclusion and belonging help us improve our decision making, foster creativity and drive innovation so all our people can thrive.
Our vacancies are open to everyone and all appointments are made based on merit. So that we can become more diverse we encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds, women, people who have a disability, those who are neurodiverse and persons who identify as LGBTQI+. We use positive action to encourage potential candidates from underrepresented groups through targeted workshops or advice sessions. If you have the skills, experience and values that here in BTP we pride ourselves on then we would welcome you to apply.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email our friendly and helpful team where we will be happy to help you: RecruitmentTeam@btp.police.uk. If your question related to equality or diversity then you can also contact our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion team directly at: PART-Recruitment@btp.police.uk To reassure you, anything you ask us will be in the strictest confidence and will not form part of your application.
In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 5 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
BTP GPP Police Staff Pension Scheme is administered by Royal London and this is a group personal pension plan which is available to all police staff. It’s a defined contribution scheme, offering employees the flexibility to vary their pension contributions from 4.4% to 12% of their salary. For more information, visit the Royal London dedicated pension page or email us at Pension-Queries@btp.police.uk .Please note if you are an existing member of Police Staff in the RPS your pension will not be affected.
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum rating of 3 (performing) or a rating of U (no rating) must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.