Digital Workplace Engineer (End User Computing)
A Digital Workplace Engineer (End User Computing) is required for a permanent role paying £47,078.21 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in at BTP Force Headquarters, Camden, London.
This an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to support our Digital Workplace and the implementation of new EUC technologies. Provide incident / problem management service in respect of incidents / problems affecting EUC devices, peripherals, installed software, undertake technical diagnostics and analysis.
BTP operate a flexible working policy, including the ability to work a mixture of home and office. The role will be based at our Force Head Quarters (FHQ) in Camden and will require at least 2 days in the office.
Travel to other sites may be required and flexibility in working hours to manage/resolve high priority incidents.
As an Digital Workplace Engineer (EUC) your responsibilities will include:
- The provision of application and OS maintenance and support services, either directly to users of the systems or to service delivery functions.
- Extensive diagnostic information gathering, troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution.
- Investigation and resolution of issues and may also include performance monitoring.
- Providing advice or training to users, by devising corrections (permanent or temporary) for faults.
- Making general or site-specific modifications.
- Updating or creating documentation, manipulating data, or defining enhancements.
- Close collaboration with colleagues specialising in different areas, such as Database administration or Network support, vendors and third-party support providers.
The successful Digital Workplace Engineer will be required to evidence the following:
- Good experience of working in a customer focused end-user support function covering EUC and software/OS installations and support.
- Good experience of incident resolution, requests, changes and problem-solving activities delivered to agreed SLAs.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft's product offerings including high level capabilities and competitor products
- Supporting Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Demonstrable experience of supporting Windows 10 and MS Office 365
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience with SCCM (System Centre Configuration Manager) is desirable.
Please refer to the job description for further information. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Up to £47,078.21 (base salary of £36,529.65 + 10% on-call + London Allowance of £3033.56 + a SFIA supplement of up to £3,862 + a non pensionable, non contractual Skills For the Information Age supplement of up to £3,862 either 0%,50% or 100% awarded dependant on assessment))
- Yearly base salary increments (subject to satisfactory performance in previous PDR year)
- Working from home allowance available to purchase suitable equipment for blended working
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Excellent Pension scheme
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035.
At BTP we are proud guardians of the railway and it is crucial that we represent the diverse communities we serve and protect. As ‘One BTP’ across the UK, we know that diversity, inclusion and belonging help us improve our decision making, foster creativity and drive innovation so all our people can thrive.
Our vacancies are open to everyone and all appointments are made based on merit. So that we can become more diverse we encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds, women, people who have a disability, those who are neurodiverse and persons who identify as LGBTQI+. We use positive action to encourage potential candidates from underrepresented groups through targeted workshops or advice sessions. If you have the skills, experience and values that here in BTP we pride ourselves on then we would welcome you to apply. Closing date for applications is 21st February at 12pm.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email our friendly and helpful team where we will be happy to help you: RecruitmentTeam@btp.police.uk. If your question related to equality or diversity then you can also contact our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion team directly at: PART-Recruitment@btp.police.uk To reassure you, anything you ask us will be in the strictest confidence and will not form part of your application.
In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 5 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly. Please see the additional document attached regarding vetting top tips.
BTP GPP Police Staff Pension Scheme is administered by Royal London and this is a group personal pension plan which is available to all police staff. It’s a defined contribution scheme, offering employees the flexibility to vary their pension contributions from 4.4% to 12% of their salary. For more information, visit the Royal London dedicated pension page or email us at Pension-Queries@btp.police.uk .Please note if you are an existing member of Police Staff in the RPS your pension will not be affected.
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum rating of 3 (performing) or a rating of U (no rating) must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.