Senior Occupational Health Advisor
A Senior Occupational Health Advisor is required for a permanent role paying £47,359.27 - £48,765.16 (depending on experience) plus £4,598.00 Market Supplement plus £2835.11 London Allowance (for London-based candidates only) with British Transport Police (BTP).
This role is based at our Force Headquarters in Central London. However, as we are a national Force, we may be able to consider other suitable working locations. Please note that this is an office based role which may include some home working where business need allows, so we are also open to discussing a flexible and agile approach to duties.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As a Senior Occupational Health Advisor with BTP, you will provide professional leadership to the BTP Occupational Health team, leading occupational health provision that provides access to appropriate and timely occupational health advice and support.
As Senior Occupational Health Advisor, you will be required to:
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Occupational Health to develop, monitor and review occupational health and relevant organisational policies and procedures to ensure that they are fit for purpose and are legally compliant.
- Monitor the quality and effectiveness of the occupational health service, identifying improvements and efficiency to ensure the service meet the needs of BTP.
- Review and develop BTP OH record-keeping; confidentiality, standards and information management practices and requirements, ensuring that they comply with industry and legal requirements e.g. NMC, GDPR, Access to Medical Records Act and the OH team are aware and compliant with all.
- Act as force wide subject matter expert for OH clinical services and management of medical conditions on the workplace.
- Travel regularly to BTP and other relevant locations. Travel and accommodation if required, will be provided by BTP.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Senior Occupational Health Advisor will be required to evidence the following:
- Registered nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Must be on part 3 on the NMC register.
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Health.
- A successful track record of consistent achievement as an Occupational Health professional in a large multi-disciplined operational organisation within a geographically dispersed organisation.
- Evidence of ability to develop and improve Occupational Health service delivery to the business.
If you are interested in applying to this Senior Occupational Health Advisor role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- £47,359.27 - £48,765.16 depending on experience plus £4,598.00 Market Supplement plus £2835.11 London Allowance (for London-based candidates only)
- Yearly base salary increments
- Working from home allowance available to purchase suitable equipment for blended & home working
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible agile working approach
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Pension scheme
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035.
At BTP we are proud guardians of the railway and it is crucial that we represent the diverse communities we serve and protect. As ‘One BTP’ across the UK, we know that diversity, inclusion and belonging help us improve our decision making, foster creativity and drive innovation so all our people can thrive.
Our vacancies are open to everyone and all appointments are made based on merit. So that we can become more diverse we encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds, women, people who have a disability, those who are neurodiverse and persons who identify as LGBTQI+. If you have the skills, experience and values that here in BTP we pride ourselves on then we would welcome you to apply.
In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 5 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is April 2023. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team – email@example.com
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum indicator of 3 / developing' or' 'Indicator 5 / no rating must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.