Administrator - York
An Administrator is required for a fixed term contract until 31st March 2024, paying £24,391.58 per annum, with British Transport Police (BTP) based in York.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including the London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As an Administrator with BTP, you will provide a comprehensive level of support and be the single point of contact between the operational teams and the National Disruption Fusion Unit Administrator and Analyst.
As an Administrator, you will be required to:
- Effectively collate, review and update data for a resource and incident plan, that is shared with rail industry stakeholders.
- Compile a database of vulnerable persons reported by the Vulnerability Unit for Tasking Team Officers to disseminate VITAL Patrollers, Station Staff, TOC RSAS Accredited Rail Enforcement Officer and other BTP locations.
- Compile and maintain a database of root cause stakeholder contact details, events and visits, including school visits, BTP road shows, corporate visits and charity events and maintain a calendar of these events.
- Engage in regular contact through telephone, e-mail, reports and face-to-face with internal and external stakeholders to ensure relevant operational information is shared in an understandable and actionable format.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Administrator will be required to evidence the following:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft suite of programs in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Proven use of information gathering skills and experience in collecting, reviewing, interpreting and reporting on a wide range of datasets.
If you are interested in applying to this Administrator role, then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- £24,391.58 per annum
- Yearly base salary increments
- Working from home allowance available to purchase suitable equipment for blended & home working
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible agile working approach
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Pension scheme
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035.
As an equal opportunities employer, British Transport Police is committed to the inclusive treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and strongly encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. In order for us to achieve this we ask that you complete the relevant diversity monitoring form. Any information relating to the diversity monitoring form are used only with the intent to improve our services and people practices. Please be assured that all applications will be judged on their individual merit and no other factors.
In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 5 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is February 2023. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team – email@example.com
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum indicator of 3 / developing' or' 'Indicator 5 / no rating must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.