Digital and Social Media Manager
A Digital and Social Media Manager is required for a permanent contract role at British Transport Police paying £37,269.91 per annum, depending on experience, plus £2,835.11 London Allowance. The role is primarily based in Camden, London however flexible working will be considered.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As a digital and social media manager with BTP you will be responsible for overseeing how BTP’s campaign and marketing communications are activated on our digital and social channels. Our digital campaigns and content not only seek to help save lives but also tackle some of society’s biggest issues. From preventing suicide to countering terrorism and reducing violent or sexual assaults – we can promise no two days will be the same. If you have a particular strength in reaching a youth audience, you’ll have plenty to offer.
As Digital and Social Media Manager you will be required to:
- Work with a team of communications specialists to deliver integrated proactive communications, as well as support the media relations team in the case of reactive incidents
- Be our communications lead for our public website, enabling us to better connect with our communities
- Continually improving the use of social media channels and website content across the force.
- Provide expert advice and direction on the management and use of BTP’s external online and digital presence
If you’re looking for a role that brings together your digital channel expertise and your sense of social responsibility, then this is it
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful candidate will be required to evidence the following:
- Educated to degree level in Digital Marketing, Business Marketing, Media, Communications or similar professional qualification or relevant equivalent experience
- Proven experience of planning, delivering and evaluating internal and external digital communications strategies
- Excellent level of social media and web literacy at a corporate level
If you are interested in applying, please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Up to £37,269.91 (depending on experience) plus £2,835.11 London Weighting Allowance.
- Yearly base salary increments
- Working from home allowance available to purchase suitable equipment for blended & home working
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible agile working approach
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Pension scheme
BTP is an employer who cares about the impact we have on the environment and the wider challenges of climate change, and as such we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving Net Zero Carbon (NZC) through offsetting by 2035.
As an equal opportunities employer, British Transport Police is committed to the inclusive treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and strongly encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. In order for us to achieve this we ask that you complete the relevant diversity monitoring form. Any information relating to the diversity monitoring form are used only with the intent to improve our services and people practices. Please be assured that all applications will be judged on their individual merit and no other factors.
In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 YEARS (dependant on the level of vetting required of the role). You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is February 2023. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team – firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates must have completed their probation for their current substantive posting and can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk prior to the vacancy closing. Internal candidates must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date. A minimum indicator of 3 / developing' or' 'Indicator 5 / no rating must have been achieved on the last reporting year PDR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.