Counter Terrorism Security Advisor
A Counter Terrorism Security Advisor is required for a permanent role paying up to £32,622.55 per annum plus £2,570 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Counter Terrorism Security Advisor with BTP you will advise on specialist subject matter within a network of security experts working together to provide protection on the London Underground and the wider TfL rail infrastructure. In order to fulfil the requirements of the role you will work in partnership with the Centre of the Protection of National Infrastructure, Department for Transport, Network Rail and a variety of Train operating companies, Freight Operating Companies and other appropriate stakeholders.
As Counter Terrorism Security Advisor you will be required to:
- Deliver Counter Terrorism holistic protective security advice to specific: Rail identified ‘Crowded Paces’, Critical national Infrastructure, Sites housing Hazardous and Dangerous Substances/Materials, Personal Protective Security, British Transport Police Estates.
- Review and advise accordingly on vulnerabilities at identified rail ‘Crowded Places’ which sit with the national CP tiering system using the national Protective Security Improvement Activity three stage process.
- Identify and assess local critical sites within the force jurisdiction that might be vulnerable to terrorist extremist attacks.
- Promote, coordinate and deliver awareness of the terrorist threat, delivering national CT awareness/training using national products across the rail network, including; ACT Awareness, Project ARGUS, SCaN suite of products and Document Awareness.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Counter Terrorism Security Advisor will be required to evidence the following skills:
- A qualified Counter Terrorism Security Advisor with Operational Competency achieved through NaCTSO preferably working within the CTSA network.
- Experience working within the Police Service as a CTSA
- Stakeholder engagement at all level including delivery of Protective Security Advice and CT Awareness/Training
- Competent report writing especially in the delivery of the three stage PSIA process.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team and on own initiative and prioritise own workload with minimal supervision.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £32,622.55 per annum plus £2,570 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.