A Data Scientist is required for a Permanent Contract role paying £41,928.74 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Data Scientist with BTP you will act as a data science expert, identifying opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness through the use of innovative analytical techniques.
Leading on force wide identification of innovative solutions to complex problems using a variety of data languages and software.
As Data Scientist you will be required to:
- Lead the application of data science processes and techniques within BTP.
- Merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation
- Communicate the intelligence extracted from this analysis to key stakeholders and customers in a simple way, giving clear recommendations to senior leaders
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Data Scientist will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Qualified to degree level in numerate discipline e.g. Maths / Statistics / Computer Science / Research
- Experience of data science techniques such as machine learning, automation and data structures
- Experience in data processing, database programming and data analytics
If you are interested in applying to this Data Scientist role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £41,928.74 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.