A Principal Analyst is required for a Permanent Contract role paying £48,178.54 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As a Principal Analyst with BTP you will hold a senior management position as lead for the intelligence analytical team, with responsibility for managing and developing intelligence analysis within the organisation, to inform decision-making and mitigate threat, risk and harm.
As Principal Analyst you will be required to:
- Direct, shape, develop and co-ordinate the provision of the organisation’s Intelligence analytical function, in order to provide a clear and consistent set of products that inform decision-making at a strategic, tactical and operational level.
- Influence and contribute to national consultations to develop intelligence analytical standards and ensure they are embedded into an organisational strategy.
- Develop and co-ordinate strategies for intelligence analysis, designing and shaping analytical processes, contributing to the strategic direction of the organisation and ensuring that the analytical function is operating in line with objectives; creation of the organisation’s Strategic Assessment and subsequent Control strategy and Intelligence Plan.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Principal Analyst will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification or relevant work experience.
- Nationally recognised qualification in intelligence analysis or other related accreditations or professional qualifications.
- Significant and extensive experience in intelligence analysis at a senior level within the Police Service or a comparable organisation, preferably in the public sector and/or railway industry.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of integrity, discretion and confidentiality.
- Able to allocate resources appropriately for the analytical function and utilise commercial acumen to make risk-based decisions that deliver effective outcomes within the available budget.
If you are interested in applying to this Principal Analyst role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £48,178.54 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.