Vulnerability Manager - Birmingham
A Vulnerability Manager is required for a Permanent Contract role paying £29,735.46 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Vulnerability Manager with BTP you will manage teams of Vulnerability Coordinators and Vulnerability Development Officers to ensure the organisation meets its statutory obligations in terms of mental health, suicide prevention, adults at risk and child safeguarding legislation.
The role ensures that standards and service levels are identified and met and that work is prioritised and tasked efficiently and effectively in support of organisational requirements
As Vulnerability Manager you will be required to:
- Manage teams of Vulnerability Development Officers and Vulnerability Coordinators working with them and understanding their purpose and roles to ensure effective service delivery.
- Help deliver the organisation’s strategic vision for Public Protection.
- Oversight of triage and prioritisation of public protection submissions, ensuring teams effectively research, prioritise and process all safeguarding/SPMH submissions.
- Experience of leading a team through change, especially those within the vulnerability world
- Experience of amalgamating departments with similar functions to work more efficiently and enable staff to become Omni competent
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Vulnerability Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience of leading a team
- Demonstrable evidence of sound decision making and judgement based on a variety of sensitive information.
- Knowledge of the legislative framework defining public protection responsibilities in England and Wales and Scotland
If you are interested in applying to this Vulnerability Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £29,735.46 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.