PNC and Records Officer
A PNC & Records Officer is required for an 12 month fixed term contract role paying £20,520.15 plus £2570 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Central London Police Station.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As PNC & Records Officer with BTP you will the post holder will be responsible for the effective administration and weeding of warrants, the efficient maintenance, interrogation and analysis of the Police National Computer (PNC) in order to maximize the identification of offenders and recovery of property.
The post holder will also be responsible for maintaining Arrest Summons (AS) numbers precisely and ensure all relevant crime administration systems and databases are updated accordingly, using information generated by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and courts. Duties are carried out within strict timescales to ensure compliance with the Victim’s Code of Practice (VCOP) and in accordance with the Management of Police Information (MOPI), The Data Protection Act (DPA) and the Freedom of Information Act (FOI), as well as any other relevant legislation.
The post holder will be responsible for the administration of Penalty Notices for Disorder (PND) tickets, Drugs Warnings and Fixed Penalty Notices (FPN), Ofcom FPNs and Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) claims through PentiP.
The post holder will be responsible for the preparation of records for commercial storage and for the accurate process and retrieval of records.
As PNC & Records Officer you will be required to:
• Process information received and interrogate court systems to obtain results for all court hearings, update PNC with results, bail conditions and adjournments accurately and ensure all remands are updated on PNC. Accountable for adhering to PNC Guidelines when updating PNC and ensuring records are updated correctly and to the national minimum standards.
• Maintain level of knowledge and expertise and fully utilise specialist PNC investigative tools (VODS, QUEST) in order to identify offenders and recover stolen property
• Fully understand the broadcast facility in order to prepare/receive PNC broadcast messages and ensure circulation is made to the appropriate forces/areas within the nationally agreed rules.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful PNC & Records Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Experience of working in Criminal Justice and in an administrative environment.
• Experience of evaluating and managing risk.
• Experience in exercising diplomacy, tact and discretion in management sensitive and confidential matters
If you are interested in applying to this PNC & Records Officer role then please do not delay as initial telephone interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary £20,520.15 plus £2570 London Allowance
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that a ‘Competent’ rating for current substantive posting.