Police Staff Investigator - York
Police Staff Investigator is required for a Permanent Contract role paying £29,735.46 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in York.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Police Staff Investigator with BTP you will conduct investigations into complaints and misconduct matters made against all police personnel, carry out internal enquiries into matters affecting the discipline of the Force, in order to maintain the integrity of British Transport Police by ensuring that officers and staff conduct themselves in accordance with expectations and maintain public confidence.
Lead investigations thoroughly and to a high standard according to regulations and guidance.
As Police Staff Investigator you will be required to:
- Prepare high quality, timely and accurate investigation reports make recommendations to the Appropriate Authority regarding case disposal and the ‘harm test’. Identify wider factors to be progressed such as organisational learning, poor or best practice principles and recognition.
- Identify and execute suitable investigative strategies that are proportionate to the investigation. This includes but is not limited to conducting recorded misconduct interviews under caution, pursuing suitable lines of enquiry and taking statements.
- Take proactive steps to support the department’s ambition to lead on professional standards nationally. Liaise with Training Department at Spring House to deliver relevant tailored Professionalism inputs to new recruits and transferees covering BTP expectations and current themes.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Police Staff Investigator will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Good standard of general education of at least A level standard or equivalent training/experience
- Proven ability in successfully dealing with conflict and challenging situations
- Evidence ability to conduct effective investigation into complaints or allegation of misconduct in a regulated environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a challenging environment and independently using own initiative
If you are interested in applying to this Police Staff Investigator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £29,735.46 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.