Strategic Planning Manager
A Strategic Planning Manager is required for a permanent role paying £50,748.54 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, Central London.
BTP is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground; we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As Strategic Planning Manager with BTP you will lead and manage the effective development and governance of strategic planning, and policy within the force and provide strategic advice and recommendations to the senior command team on force priorities, risks and opportunities.
As Strategic Planning Manager you will be required to:
- To manage and implement the force’s business planning cycle relating to key publications such as financial plans as well as local and national policing plans, departmental delivery plans and ensure there is synergy between all documents
- Contribute to the strategic direction, leadership and management of the Force to enable the delivery of BTP, stakeholder and government objectives through policy and planning
- Write high-level reports to Chief Officer Group and police authority members relating to progress against the strategy and subordinate plans
- To identify and provide strategic recommendations relating to risks and opportunities relating to stakeholders and Industry partners
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Strategic Planning Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Demonstrable experience of steering policy across a national or complex organisation
- Awareness of policy, marketing, operational planning at a strategic level
- Substantial experience in giving high level presentations to a varied audience using various methods.
- Experience in writing strategic reports to influence decision making at a high level
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, successfully managing customer expectations throughout and effectively managing relationships between different parts of the organisation
- Extremely numerate, technological capable and analytical
If you are interested in applying to this Strategic Planning Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. This role will particularly suit candidates who have worked in organisations such as the police, civil service, armed forces or complex and demanding commercial environments. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £50,748.54 including allowances
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
HOW TO APPLY: During the application you will be asked to submit a CV, please do so including a covering letter addressing your experience against the competencies required above within the same document.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.