Deputy Director of People and Culture - Safety, Health and Wellbeing
Deputy Director of People and Culture –Safety, Health & Wellbeing – Camden, London
Do you want to combine your passion for providing world class safety, health and wellbeing with making a real difference to the lives of Police Officers and Staff?
The world in which we work can be dangerous and demanding and every day our frontline Officers experience situations such as violence, assault, supporting vulnerable people or those who commit suicide by means of the railway. As one of two Deputy Directors for People and Culture, you will lead on the Safety, Health & Wellbeing portfolio for British Transport Police.
BTP is the police force for the rail network, including London Underground, ensuring the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As Deputy Director for People and Culture - Safety, Health & Wellbeing, you will lead the function across the force, which constitutes more than 5,000 staff at 150 locations across all Great Britain. Amongst other diverse responsibilities, you will also:
- Develop the direction, strategy and objectives for safety, health and wellbeing for all BTP activities
- Work closely with the College of Policing, Office of Rail and Road, National Police Chief’s Council, The HSE and both operational and trade union colleagues to manage relationships and ensure rigorous standards are met
- Lead the development of a strong, credible and robust culture of safety, health and wellbeing in BTP
- Lead on the delivery of our award-winning trauma support initiative and lead on health, safety and wellbeing at all critical incidents
- Manage the SLA with external providers to ensure that our people receive a timely, quality service within the set KPIs and SLAs
To join us as Deputy Director People and Culture - Safety, Health & Wellbeing we will ask you to have extensive experience in a senior leadership role in health, safety and wellbeing, managing a team in a geographically or organisationally complex business. You will have an MSc in Occupational Health and Safety Management or similar post graduate level qualification. You should be able to evidence the tangible difference you have made, especially against challenging business or operational priorities. In return for your experience, we are able to offer you:
- Salary of up to £92,192.81 depending on experience
- Competitive pension
- Private healthcare available
- Various online and high street discounts for police employees
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about the role, please contact Emily Stackhouse, Recruitment Advisor, on 0121 634 5630. Otherwise, we would ask you to submit a CV and Covering Letter explaining your suitability for the role.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 5 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.