SCRO & Crime Administrator
An SCRO & Crime Administrator is required for a Part Time (21 Hour) Permanent Contract role paying £13,560.93 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Glasgow, Scotland.
BTP is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As SCRO & Crime Administrator with BTP you will manage and supervise the Niche system (Scotland specific logs) to ensure that the force utilizes the system and complies with the legislative frameworks (DPA) and national policy including those of the Scottish Government.
The post holder is required to ensure that the JD is compliant in line with the governing rules for Crime Recording, MOPI, DPA, Force Policy and Force Systems. In order to comply with all, regular and detailed performance management is required.
Manage, the day to day workload of the Crime dept ensuring priorities are achieved and that work procedures are followed and applied to the agreed standards.
As SCRO & Crime Administrator you will be required to:
- Monitor, screen and review all logged crime reports and related procedures to ensure they are cleared ethically in accordance with HOCR and SCRS. Actively manage volume crime.
- Maintain relevant recording databases, ensuring the input of information regarding actions taken is accurate and in adherence to relevant legislation and governing frameworks.
- Management of workloads, performance management and compliance with regulations including Scottish Crime Recording and Counting Rules (SCRS), Home Office Counting Rules (HOCR) where applicable, Force Victim’s Code of practice (VCoP) and legal obligations in terms of the Victim and Witnesses (Scotland) Act 2014.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful SCRO & Crime Administrator will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Trained in Niche, PROSCOT, NSPIS, SCRO/ PNC interrogation level.
- Experience in negotiating and influencing colleagues and management.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative. With time management and organisational skills, including multi-tasking.
If you are interested in applying to this SCRO & Crime Administrator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £13,560.93 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.