A Case Progressor is required for a Part Time (19 Hour) Permanent Contract role paying up to £13,939.67 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Glasgow, Scotland.
BTP is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Case Progressor with BTP you will be responsible for the monitoring and progression of all BTP Scotland prosecution cases and death reports ensuring submission to the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service without delay and in accordance with guidelines.
The Case Progressor will be key to achieving departmental targets. In turn this achievement will improve public confidence in the Criminal Justice System.
As Case Progressor you will be required to:
- Support the Area's legal and internal commitments in the effective progression of cases by ensuring that Procurator Fiscals have relevant and quality information regarding each case.
- Ensure that information provided to Procurators Fiscal meets the standards with regards to sufficiency and disclosure of evidence.
- Interact with Police Officers and their Supervisors to ensure that cases meet standards of evidence and that timescales are met with regards to case submission.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Case Progressor will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Excellent management, organisational, communication and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibly.
- Proven track record with another police force or have worked in a similar discipline (i.e. Procurators Fiscal Service).
If you are interested in applying to this Case Progressor role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £13,939.67 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.