Operational Technology Team Lead
An Operational Technology Team Leader is required for a Permanent Contract role paying up to £63,373.96 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Operational Technology Team Leader you will be responsible is to plan, design, implement and maintain a wide variety of operational technologies. As a Team Leader, you will have experience of working in Agile, Lean teams, cooperating closely with the Product Owner to schedule and resource the development and support efforts. The team is supporting services and delivering to the requirements Digital Policing and the overall Vision & Digital Strategy of the Technology department.
This is a hands on technical role, however your primary objective is solving the nontechnical challenges, collaborating with external stakeholders, improving processes, and team development. The role will require you to develop and manage team, working with individual team members to develop their skills and with the team as a whole to define and develop the technical solutions with the support of the Enterprise Architecture Team. The role will require you working in cross functional technical delivery teams within their area of functional expertise.
As Operational Technology Team Leader you will be required to:
- Proactively be responsible for ISP Service and Applications: ControlWorks (Command & Control), Niche (RMS), Origin & DMS, GIS Geospacial mapping / Location Intelligence.
- Provide hands on technical expertise in technologies and services supported by the team.
- Cooperate closely with the Product Owner to schedule and resource the Delivery of requirements of our stakeholders and the overall vision of the Technology department.
- Ensure that technology solutions are fit for purpose and aligned with architectural principles, standards and roadmaps, working closely with the Enterprise Architecture team.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Operational Technology Team Leader will be required to evidence the following skills & qualifications:
- Educated to degree level in a specific IT or engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Accredited to ITIL Foundation Level or higher
- Proven experience of managing a technical delivery team in a demanding 24x7 environment.
- Previous experience in technical design and implantation of Operation Technology’s Services together with the Architecture function.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £63,373.96 (Salary: £42,976.96, London Allowance £2634, SFIA Supplement Up to £13,465.00 (depending on skills and experience), 10% On-Call Allowance: £4,298)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.