Cloud Infrastructure Team Leader
A Cloud Infrastructure Team Leader is required for a Permanent Contract role paying up to £59, 075.96 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Cloud Infrastructure Team Leader you will be responsible for the provision of specialist expertise to facilitate and execute the installation and maintenance of system software such as operating systems, data management products, office automation products and other utility software. The Cloud Infrastructure Team Leader responsibility is to plan, design, implement and maintain a wide variety of private and public cloud solutions and infrastructure. As a Team Leader, you will have experience of working in Agile, Lean teams, cooperating closely with the Product Owner to schedule and resource the development and support efforts. The team is supporting services and delivering to the requirements Digital Policing and the overall Vision & Digital Strategy of the Technology department.
As Cloud Infrastructure Team Leader you will be required to:
- Responsible for Services: Office 365 Microsoft Online Services (Exchange Online, IAM), Directory Services (AD, ADFS), Citrix Services, SaaS Products and other Infrastructure supporting applications.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise in technologies and services supported by the team.
- Cooperating closely with the Product Owner to schedule and resource the Delivery of requirements of our stakeholders and the overall vision of the Technology department.
- Ensure that technology salutation are fit-for purpose and aligned with architectural principles, standards and roadmaps through working with the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Provide best value advice and recommendations to support the selection and procurement services and products.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Cloud Infrastructure Team Leader will be required to evidence the following skills & qualifications:
- Educated to degree level in a specific IT or engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Accredited to ITIL Foundation Level or higher
- Proven experience of managing a technical delivery team in a demanding fast paced 24/7 environment.
- Responsible for technical design and implementation of Infrastructure Services together with the Architecture function.
- Sound knowledge of market standard processes and tools to support Disaster Recovery and Supplier and Vendor Management.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £59, 075.96 per annum (Salary: £42, 976.96, London Allowance £2634, SFIA Supplement up to £13,456)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.