CCTV Evidence Officer - Southampton
A CCTV Evidence Officer is required for an 18 Month Fixed Term Contract role paying £21,033.15 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Southampton.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As a CCTV Evidence Officer with BTP you will collect (already produced) CCTV evidence packages ensuring the evidential integrity of the product.
Attend site, view raw (original) CCTV footage in situ to ascertain what is required to be retrieved in support of Police investigations.
Physically download CCTV images (from a variety of different CCTV systems) and produce Master Copy evidence.
Review all images seized and disseminate all relevant footage as required (e.g. to support investigations, mispers, intelligence).
Identify CCTV images which require further forensic processing (i.e. Post Production) in order to achieve "best evidence".
Ascertain any faults/issues with CCTV systems and escalate them in accordance with SOPs.
As a CCTV Evidence Officer you will be required to:
- Coordinate collection of analogue and digital CCTV footage (through liaison with 3rd parties), prioritise workload ensuring efficient use of time.
- Perform field based first line role by viewing raw CCTV footage in situ, from multiple CCTV systems (all of which they should be proficient on), to ascertain which images will support investigations.
- Secure all primary evidence (ensuring evidential integrity) by downloading CCTV footage required and produce Master Copy disks as evidential exhibits.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful CCTV Evidence Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- City and Guilds level 2 (or equivalent) in any CCTV discipline
- Five GCSE's (or equivalent) A-C grade in Maths and English are essential.
- CCTV evidence package production and evidence audit trails
If you are interested in applying to this CCTV Evidence Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £21,033.15 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.