Business Support Manager- Safety and Occupational Health Department
A Business Support Manager is required for a 6 month FTC role paying up to £29,735.46 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Business Support Manager with BTP you will be required to provide a business planning and SMT support service to the Safety & Occupational Health Service Department. The role will involve the provision of business support and managerial functions across a particularly wide range of issues.
As Business Support Manager you will be required to:
- Lead, motivate, develop and performance manage direct reports to provide a customer focused, timely efficient and effective administrative service within Occupational Health.
- Assisting the HoD/SMT in actions and production of weekly status reports. Collating business critical Management Information for the SMT/management boards and transferring the relevant information into Power Point presentations or board templates.
- Supporting the Senior Management Team in the delivery of the financial planning agreements within the SOHS Department, specifically purchase ordering and invoicing processes. Ensure compliance and take action where non-compliance is identified.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Business Support Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Evidence of strong personal drive, including high levels of resilience, determination and an ability to anticipate and overcome obstacles to deliver results.
- First class formal and informal verbal & written communication skills which inspire credibility both internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills
If you are interested in applying to this Business Support Manager then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £29,735.46 per annum, in addition to London Allowance £2,520.00
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.