Financial Modelling Manager
A Financial Modelling Manager is required for a permanent role paying up to £62,688.69 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
The BTPA is responsible for ensuring an efficient and effective police force for the railways. It was established by the Railways and Transport Safety Act 2003, which sets out a number of responsibilities for the Authority including the defrayal of costs associated with the operation of the British Transport Police (BTP). The BTPA enters into agreements with train and freight operating companies in order to provide a policing service to their railway or railway property. These agreements, referred to as Police Service Agreements (PSAs), also require the companies to make payments for the service. The majority of these payments are calculated using the CAM (Cost Allocation Model).
As Financial Modelling Manager, you will be the owner of the current British Transport Police Authority (BTPA) Cost Allocation Model (CAM) and be responsible for its operation and analysis. This role will also lead on the Authority’s commitment to review the model, engaging with all stakeholders to identify and assess potential new ways of charging for policing services.
As Financial Modelling Manager, you will be required to deliver against the following key areas:
- Effective operation of the existing BTPA cost allocation model, which is defined as a business-critical model used to apportion BTP’s costs to train operating companies, and Network Rail for the costs of policing the UK rail network
- Lead and deliver the scoping phase of the BTPA review of the cost allocation model
- Lead and deliver a redesign of the current cost allocation model process, following an audit conducted by GIAA (Government Internal Audit Agency)
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached candidate pack. The successful Financial Modelling Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Demonstrable financial modelling experience using Microsoft excel including macros and mathematical, financial, look-up, visual basic and reference functions
- Experience of using Business Objects XI (BOXI) as well as advanced Business Objects reporting writing and an understanding of SQL (structured query language).
- Experience of working with large amounts of complex data including formatting and performing scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Strong problem-solving, inter-personal and time-management skills
If you are interested in applying to this Financial Modelling Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £56,548.59 (up to £53,848.49 basic salary DOE plus £2,700.10 London Weighting)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days with 5 years service
- Pension scheme
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years.
Interested in applying?
You should review the attached candidate pack and submit a CV and supporting statement providing clear examples of similar work that you have done under each of the main headings in the accountabilities section which should be emailed to BTPArecruitment@btp.pnn.police.uk. Applications made via this website will not be accepted.
We will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this vacancy. BTPA reserve the right to engage directly with any candidates we do receive without any fees payable under any circumstances.