Power BI Developer
A Power BI Report Developer is required on a fixed term contract for 12 months paying £34,274.06 plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
This is an exciting opportunity within BTP for the successful candidate to work with a team of Data Scientists to bring our self service data strategy to life by creating a suite of insightful and innovative reports in Power BI that draw upon a variety of police and non police related data to help drive decision making across the force at a tactical and strategic level.
As a Power BI Developer you will be required to:
- Manage the design, build, publication and maintenance Power BI reports/dashboards for a range of different departments and officers to help inform tactical and strategic planning and provide enhanced insight.
- Utilise DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) and other SQL languages to make data visualization more efficient
- Develop external contacts networks with data visualization teams to identify best practice and recommend change to improve BTP’s self-service vision
- Responsible for the improvement and maintenance of Power BI reports.
- Able to take complex data points and tell an insightful story through a set of visualisations using Power BI
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Power BI Developer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Graduate level or equivalent with experience in a numerate discipline e.g. Maths / Statistics / Computer Science / Research
- Experience in data visualization and transformation of data with Power BI, data processing and data analytics, ideally with knowledge of working in the Azure platform
- Experience of Data Modelling and DAX
- Skills in effectively producing a range of reports to suit a varied audience.
If you are interested in applying to this Power BI Developer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £34,274.06 plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.