Engagement (Business Change) Managers
A number of Engagement (Business Change) Managers are required on a permanent contract paying £37,212.10 (plus £2520 London Allowance where applicable) with British Transport Police (BTP). The exact locations are to be confirmed however the locations are likely to be based in the following area; London, Birmingham, Manchester/Leeds, and Glasgow.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As an Engagement Manager with BTP you will work with local managers and guide Change Network members to ensure that the benefits of the BTP 2021 portfolio are realised. They will focus on the people elements of programme delivery aiming to achieve maximum adaptation of new ways of working whilst reducing risk to business as usual activities.
As an Engagement Manager you will be required to:
- Work with local management teams, programme delivery teams and Change Network members on the implementation of a range of change management initiatives using the BTP Business Change Methodology and processes.
- Work with programme and project managers to apply the business change methodology, processes and tools to create and implement a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a programme or project ensuring this is integrated into overall project plans.
- Identify potential risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate / address the concerns
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Engagement Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Educated to degree level within a relevant subject or equivalent work experience.
- Project management qualification such as Prince 2 or MSP or equivalent project/programme management experience
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Highly developed skills of negotiations, persuasion, influence and assertion, with the ability to influence other to move towards a common goal.
If you are interested in applying to this Engagement Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £37,212.10 plus £2520 London Allowance if applicable
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.