Design and Delivery Lead
A Design and Delivery Lead is required on a permanent contract paying £56,101.70 plus £2520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our Force Headquarters in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. The Design and Delivery Lead will drive transformation delivery, owning the target operating model, portfolio plan and Design Authority. The Design and Delivery Lead will build, develop and lead the organisation wide PPM capability and ensure the portfolio is aligned to the corporate strategy and delivers planned benefits and efficiencies.
As the Design and Delivery Lead you will be required to:
- Lead on driving the overall design and delivery of the change portfolio implementing the Force operating model. Co-ordinating programme delivery and benefits realisation. To include elements such as: Efficiency planning, PPM capability and Benefits Planning
- Take responsibility for the development of an overarching efficiency and benefits realisation plans, whilst ensuring that the individual Programmes have their own detailed plans and that these follow the same direction.
- Contribute to the strategic direction, leadership and management of the Force by providing strategic advice on business design.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Design and Delivery Lead will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Educated to degree level with relevant post-graduate business qualification, such as an MBA, or equivalent demonstrable work experience.
- Prince 2, MSP or equivalent relevant PPM work experience.
- Significant successful involvement at a senior level in the delivery of large scale multi-discipline change projects / programmes managing teams of people with diverse functional skills with overall responsibility for leading complex change; creating a new service or department.
- Proven experience of delivering sustainable financial efficiencies as well as implementing highly effective systems to drive, support and sustain organisational excellence.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills, with the ability to understand and motivate people to a high degree, by achieving a balance between tact and diplomacy.
If you are interested in applying to the Design and Delivery Lead role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £56,101.70 plus £2520 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.