Business Change Lead
A Business Change Lead is required on a permanent contract paying £56,101.70 plus £2520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our Force Headquarters in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As the Business Change Lead with BTP you will drive organisational change, owning the change strategy and plan providing critical content for communicating and engaging staff, partners and stakeholders. The Business Change Lead will build, coordinate and lead the organisation wide ‘change network’ and assess the readiness of the business to transition to new ways of working, ensuring that adequate learning plans are in place.
As the Business Change Lead you will be required to:
- Lead on the design and delivery of a Change Management Strategy, Framework and Toolkit and a Change Network to facilitate programme delivery and benefits realisation. To include elements such as: Business Change Surveys (heat maps, maturity matrices and capability assessments), Change Impact Assessment and Business Readiness Assessment
- Take responsibility for the development of an overarching internal and external communications strategy for the portfolio, whilst ensuring that the individual Programmes have their own strategies and that these follow the same direction.
- Establish and deliver a clear business change direction which takes account of the complexity and interdependence of the environment and of the whole organisation, ensuring that clear aims and objectives are aligned to strategic direction..
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Business Change Lead will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Educated to degree level with relevant post-graduate business qualification, such as an MBA, or equivalent demonstrable work experience.
- Prince 2, MSP or equivalent relevant PPM work experience.
- Significant successful involvement at a senior level in the delivery of large scale multi-discipline change projects / programmes managing teams of people with diverse functional skills with overall responsibility for leading employees through complex change; creating a new service or department.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills, with the ability to understand and motivate people to a high degree, by achieving a balance between tact and diplomacy.
- Experience in organisational development intervention. This should include the leadership and implementation of organisational and cultural change, and/or developing organisational structures and systems that lead to increased organisational effectiveness.
If you are interested in applying to the Business Change Lead role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £56,101.70 plus £2520 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances
This opportunity is closed to applications.