An Independent Advisory Group Coordinator is required for a permanent contact, paying £23,893.06 plus £2,634.25 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Independent Advisory Group Coordinator with BTP, you will manage all Independent Advisory Group activity and oversee all IAG members on B division.
As Independent Advisory Group Coordinator you will be required to:
• Develop and implement a working strategy for the IAG’s on B Division, with input from existing members and BTP.
• Proactively recruit new members when required, including interview and arranging vetting to ensure correct representation of IAG members on board and work to recruit for under-represented areas
• Manage the expectations of members and encourage 2-way dialogue; ensuring all new members have received an input on critical incidents
• Plan and coordinate the Hate Crime Days of action; this includes co-ordinating discussion on which hate crime strand will be targeted with internal and external stakeholders; liaise with station commanders to determine suitable locations for the action; attend in person the hate crime days and facilitate IAG members attendance
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Independent Advisory Group Coordinator will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Experience of organising groups of people into coherent and efficient teams
• Experience of dealing with people from a variety of backgrounds and recognise their political / personal and or groups agendas
• Previous relevant experience or extensive administrative experience with a high level of organisational ability and attention to detail.
• Experience of scheduling meetings and events, chairing meetings; preparing agendas and documentation, taking and drafting accurate minutes
If you are interested in applying to this Independent Advisory Group Coordinator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary £23,893.06 plus £2,634.25 London Allowance per annum
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final Salary Pension
• Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.