We are looking to recruit a part time Disclosure Analyst to be based in Cardiff on a 23 month fixed term contract. The working pattern requirements for the post are Monday, Thursday and Friday working 18.5 hours per week paying £23,893.06 (£11,946.53 pro rata) per annum.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales..
As a Disclosure Analyst you will work on behalf of BTP within the Disclosure Unit to undertake disclosure analysis in response to application requests from the Disclosure & Barring Service, Disclosure Scotland and Access Northern Ireland.
Further responsibilities of a Disclosure Analyst include:
- Interrogate and analyse information stored on all relevant BTP databases for the purpose of conducting safeguarding risk assessments and to facilitate the identification of a person’s eligibility for access to children/vulnerable groups in compliance with statutory, regulatory and procedural requirements.
- Prepare relevant written reports documenting the decision making rationale of information that has been reviewed and when necessary make written recommendations on the level of disclosure information to be released
.The successful Disclosure Analyst will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Educated to A-level or equivalent Experience
- Previous office experience and be able to demonstrate experience in the evaluation, collation and analysis of information.
- Auditing paper based and electronic systems to ensure compliance particularly in respect of relevant legislation and more generally in respect of corporate filing plans
- Previous experience of computer systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in all formats
- Experience of working under pressure to strict deadlines and managing a busy workload
Please see the job description for further information.
If you are interested in applying then please do not delay and in return for your skills and experience we can offer you:
- Salary of £23,893.06 (£11,946.53) per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Various Salary Sacrifice schemes including cycle to work and retail discounts
- Agile working patterns
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.