Insight Team Leader
An Insight Team Leader is required for a Permanent Contract role paying £32,622.55 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Insight Team Leader with BTP you will be responsible for day to day management of insight analysts and professional ownership of official statistical information across BTP and external agencies.
Lead, manage, guide, mentor, and coach other analytical staff and coordinate the provision of appropriate analytical support to deliver a high quality and timely analytical service.
Ensure that expected service levels and standards are both identified and met and that work is prioritised and tasked in a way that supports organisational objectives and priorities. Provide support to the Analytical Insight and Statistics manager and deputise where appropriate.
As Insight Team Leader you will be required to:
- Form part of a management team and be regarded as a professional advisor for the use of analytical services, products and research within the force. Provide analysis to assist in developing organisational strategies and policies.
- Task, co-ordinate and prioritise work, ensuring research and analytical capacity is used to best effect, following set service level agreements and that resources are effectively prioritised towards organisational objectives.
- Lead on the implementation of improvements to analysis and research, on behalf of and in consultation with the Analytical Insight and Statistics Manager and Head of Analytics
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Insight Team Leader will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Prioritisation skills to manage time and workload of themselves and the team. The post holder must be able to evidence managing an exceptionally demanding and heavy workload.
- Effectively produce a range of types of complex and high level data and reports to a varied audience, adapting style to suit needs, including; data with significant risk and prominence.
- Experience in giving high level presentations to a varied audience using various methods. The post holder will be expected to give briefings and presentations explaining findings and to justify conclusions to various levels of personnel and running training courses and workshops.
If you are interested in applying to this Insight Team Leader role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £32,622.55 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.