Corporate Communications Manager - London
British Transport Police (BTP) is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over eight million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. If you’re looking for a role in communications that brings together your exceptional skills in engaging communications and your sense of social responsibility, then this is it.
An in-house team with an agency feel, the BTP Corporate Communications team deals with a wide range of issues on a daily basis. In the last year alone, our team has dealt with train derailments, murder cases and led press conferences at crime scenes – so you’ll need to be prepared for anything.
You will be responsible for building knowledge, understanding and relationships within the London and South East region. This includes developing excellent relationships with the media and regional stakeholders to amplify how BTP is tackling local issues, whilst ensuring regional media coverage of our award-winning national campaigns.
We are looking to recruit an outstanding Corporate Communications Manager. The role is on a permanent basis paying up to £33,234.91 plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum based at Force Headquarters, London.
As our Corporate Communications Manager you will:
- Provide expert multi-disciplinary communications advice to BTP regionally on the strategic management of communications to engage with media, local communities, train operating companies, schools, businesses and charities
- Work with our campaigns and marketing team to support regional officers in amplifying national campaigns on a local level
- Represent BTP corporate communications regionally, influencing and playing an active role, in various internal and community forums in the rail and policing industries
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to be BTP’s Corporate Communications Manager covering London and the South East, get in touch now as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates come forward.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £33,234.91 plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
- Post holders may be required to join our ‘out of office hours’ on call rota for which they would get an additional £4,000 allowance
How to apply;
Please click the Apply button below to submit your CV and covering letter alongside a short online form.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for BTP when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘developing’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.