Station Support Officer Darlington
A Station Support Officer is required for a permanent, part time role, working 13 hours per week and paying up to £21,558.98 per annum (£7,574 pro rata), with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Darlington.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Station Support Officer with BTP you will provide professional, efficient, proactive and comprehensive administrative support and works in conjunction with the Officer In Charge (OIC) undertaking a range of duties required to support station and organisational needs.
As Station Support Officer you will be required to:
- Act as a point of contact, assisting with station engagement and collating information when required.
- Management of records within the station, including archiving as required in line with Force policy as directed by the Head of Records Management.
- Monitor station supplies, placing orders to ensure sufficient resources are in stock.
- Assist the Officer in Charge with day to day running of property store and monitor vehicle fleet.
- Carry out maintenance and building reports and escalate to corporate services when required.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Station Support Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Minimum GCSE grade C in English language or equivalent.
- Previous administrative experience with the ability to demonstrate a high level of organisation.
- Experience in record keeping and working to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
If you are interested in applying to this Station Support Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £21,558.98 per annum (£7,574 pro rata)
- 28 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme (currently under consultation)
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.