Witness and Case Review Officer
A Witness & Case Review Officer is required for a Permanent Contract role paying £27,824.32 plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Central London Police Station.
BTP is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Witness & Case Review Officer with BTP you will be responsible for all aspects of evidential case file review and witness care in-line with the Criminal Justice time frames and procedures.
This will include:
- evidentially reviewing case files;
- managing witness care;
- facilitating CPS Charging advice;
- providing guidance on national file standards;
- advising on disclosure requirements;
- quality assuring and providing case file guidance and Niche case file preparation.
As Witness & Case Review Officer you will be required to:
- Reviewing case files and providing guidance to OICs and Supervisors on evidential and Criminal Justice requirements, including CPIA and NFS requirements.
- Prepare case papers in consultation with the OIC for referral to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), ensuring files are submitted in accordance with the CPS requirements including RASSO & ABC cases. Raise Postal Requisitions, as and when required, within set timescales and guidelines.
- Build and maintain effective links between the National Justice Unit and other external stakeholders such as the Crown Prosecution Service and other agencies to optimise working relationships.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Witness & Case Review Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Proven experience in evidence review or case file preparation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally, and excellent report writing/keyboard skills.
- High attention to detail, be self-motivated and able to cope with sensitive, stressful/pressured situations and must be able to empathise with victim/witness of crime. Must be able to prioritise, manage time effectively and work to targets
- Ability to persuade, negotiate and influence others, providing sound and justified rationale
If you are interested in applying to this Witness & Case Review Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as suitable candidates are identified. Please submit your CV along with a covering letter as one document as you will have the option to do only one upload. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £27,824.32 plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.