First Contact Centre Call Handler (POOL)
British Transport Police are looking to recruit a pool of First Contact Centre Call Handlers to be based in our Force Control Room, Birmingham. This is a Permanent Contract paying £22,853.24 plus 20% Shift allowance per annum.
Please note that this is a recruitment talent pool although a potential intake is planned for April 2018. You must be available to attend an assessment day that will take place on Thursday 18th January 2018.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a First Contact Centre Call Handler you will be instrumental to helping the force to reduce crime and increase passenger confidence by acting as the first line of contact for operational staff, members of the public and train operating companies. You will be required to deliver a high quality customer service in support of BTP's objectives and priorities in accordance with Force policy, legislative and national directives.
As a Call/Contact Handler you will be required to:
- Be the first point of contact for handling all emergency and non-emergency contact both internally and externally via telephone, email, text and social media.
- Ensure relevant and accurate information is updated onto Force systems.
- Provide first class customer service
- Record crimes reported by members of the public
- Be flexible and adapt to shift changes when required.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Call Handler will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Demonstrate effective communication; written, oral and listening skills
- Excellent customer service and decision making.
- IT Literate
- Excellent typing skills - accuracy and speed essential.
If you are interested in applying to this Call Handler role then please do not delay as interviews and assessments will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Annual Salary £22,853.24 plus 20% Shift Allowance.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.