Incident and Problem Analyst
An Incident and Problem Analyst is required for a permanent role paying up to £30,213.30 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Incident and Problem Analyst with BTP you will assist with the delivery of the Incident Management process when Major and/or Service impacting Technology incidents have been identified.
Key activities include:
- Support the Incident Manager (or Incident Owner) by assisting with the administration, facilitation and communications required during a service outage or impacting incident.
- Act as a conduit for Incident Management with the Service Desk, Service Delivery and Technology Support teams.
- Assist with the delivery of Problem Management by helping identify and record potential problems and any agreed actions.
- Ensure that Incident & Problem records are actively maintained and updated in a timely manner in order to meet MI Reporting deadlines.
Key requirements include:
- Experience of managing Incidents and Problems in an ITIL environment.
- Good experience of developing and managing customer relationships.
- Experience of Problem Management
- Experience of using an ITSM toolset and managing/maintaining Incident and Problem Records
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £30,213.30 (£25,964.30 base + £2,520 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £1,729)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.