Productions Store Assistant
A Productions Store Assistant is required for a Permanent Part Time (20 Hour) Contract paying £9,890.27 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Scotland.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Productions Store Assistant with BTP you will provide a professional and comprehensive operational administration support to the Scottish Area.
As a Productions Store Assistant you will be required to:
• Receive and store all items of property taken as evidence from offenders or recovered from scenes of crime and from fatalities, all items of stolen and recovered property including cash, drugs, firearms, bladed weapons and computer equipment.
• Storing logically and to ensure secure storage. Provide continuity of evidence and provide for its efficient retrieval when required in line with strict Force Policy relating to property.
• Manage an efficient property handling system, continually monitoring the length of time property has been stored. Liaising with officers regarding the return of property.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Productions Store Assistant will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Be able to work under pressure and unsupervised, as well as on your own initiative and as part of a team.
• Well-developed planning and organisational skills.
• Demonstrate ability to work to tight deadlines, manage and prioritise workload.
If you are interested in applying to this Productions Store Assistant role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary £9,890.27
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period/probation for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.