Real Time Intelligence Researcher
A Real Time Intelligence Researcher is required on a permanent contract paying £22,853.24 per annum plus £2,520 London Allowance and 20% Shift allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our Force Headquarters in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Real Time Intelligence Researcher with BTP you will be required to provide a 24/7 real time intelligence capability by carrying out high quality and timely research from various internal and external sources in connection with the operational requirements of the real time intelligence function across the force.
As a Real Time Intelligence Researcher you will be required to:
- Provide an effective research support to the Senior Duty Officer, control room supervisor, internal and external sources involved in intelligence, critical incidents, priority crime and operational work.
- Undertake the single point of contact (SPOC) role for Police National Database (PND), and Police National Computer (PNC), manage data sent and received to/from other forces and review intelligence data within Niche, manage data standards and update, reformat and create appropriate links.
- Provide an efficient interrogation and analysis of the Police National Computer maximising the identification of offenders and recovery of property mat and create appropriate links.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Real Time Intelligence Researcher will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Previous experience working with intelligence within law enforcement.
- Excellent written, communication skills including evidence of preparing formal reports/briefings to a high standard.
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills in order to produce imaginative responses to complex problems and a proven ability to manage your time and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
If you are interested in applying to this Head of SSU role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £22,853.24 per annum plus £2,520 London Allowance and 20% Shift allowance.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.