Procurement and Commercial Manager
A Commercial and Procurement Manager is required on a 22 month fixed term contract paying up to £39,587.34 per annum plus £7,000 market supplement and £2,520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our Force Headquarters in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Commercial and Procurement Manager with BTP you will be required to contribute to the development of effective commercial processes and governance, reporting and insight which ensure management control and comply with the appropriate legal and regulatory requirements.
As a Commercial and Procurement Manager you will be required to:
- Deliver on the continued development of the organisations procurement strategy
- Executing the overall commercial procurement programmes, delivering specific operational plans and agreed objectives; improving supplier performance, mitigating risk and maximising contract value
- Participating in the management of complex contract negotiations and demonstrating commercial acumen in the negotiation and drafting of contracts that promote performance management, low costs and higher service levels
- To advise and support as required Authority Members, Chief Officers, Directors, Heads of Service and Managers across the organisation on procurement matters, including legislation, Central Government (CG) guidance and UK and EU regulations; category management; quality, volume and price analysis, evaluation and monitoring; sourcing strategy, market trends and intelligence; innovation; supplier offerings; and how to document service requirements for contractual purposes to maximise value for money
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Commercial and Procurement Manager will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- A fully qualified member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing (MCIP) or equivalent
- Broad experience in a senior position within a Procurement, Commercial or Contract Management function.
- Wide experience of strategic procurement in a complex and/ or geographically dispersed organisation
If you are interested in applying to this Commercial and Procurement Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £39,587.34 depending on experience plus £7,000 market supplement and £2,520 London allowance.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.